Legal representation for your criminal case goes well beyond someone to advocate for you in front of a judge and jury. You need a top criminal law firm that puts an attorney on your case who has the range of knowledge and skills that have propelled the law firm to the top. But what characterizes a top criminal law firm? Let’s dive in and find out.
- Good Communication. Although this likely won’t be the firm’s first criminal case, it may be yours. Therefore, you will have a lot of questions for a prospective attorney. Pay close attention to how quickly you receive callbacks or emails. In addition, lawyers in a top criminal law firm will not only be good litigators, but also good listeners. They listen to your needs and explain things clearly so you are able to understand the law.
- Fees During the Case. It is common for criminal cases to become very expensive. Some firms will require full payment before any services are rendered. Many firms are flexible, work with your budget, and come up with a billing arrangement during the course of your case in hopes to not add stress.
- Excellent Negotiation Skills. The majority of criminal cases do not go all the way to trial. With that in mind, a top criminal law firm will have lawyers on staff that are stellar negotiators as well as litigators. These lawyers are seasoned at settling your case outside of the court walls to get you the best possible deal.
- Integrity. Your lawyer should always operate with the utmost integrity. This includes keeping your personal information confidential and being honest with their updates about the status of your case. You may find that a less experienced lawyer will cut corners with ethics, and in the end, that will never work out in your favor.
- Perseverance. Every point and piece of evidence needs to be explored to see if it can help your case. You’ll want a firm that is willing to go the extra mile to dive into the details. After all, it is your firm’s job to sway the judge or jury in your favor, which requires a special type of attention to detail and perseverance.
- Legal Reputation and Experience. Reputation and involvement in the community are extremely important when it comes to your criminal law firm. A top firm will be familiar with all presiding judges and prosecutors. Experienced firms have worked hundreds or even thousands of cases with these judges and prosecutors.
Are You Facing Criminal Charges?
If you are facing criminal charges, and need representation, Dale Carson Law is one of the top law firms in Jacksonville. We specialize in criminal law and are ready to take on your case to protect your rights. Contact us today and we’ll get to work!