My license was suspended. How do I reinstate it?

License suspensions can actually be a very complex area in the state of Florida. Sometimes, resolving a drivers’ license can be as simple as paying an outstanding fine or a court cost then going down to DMV and reinstating your license. Other times, there can actually be various steps taken by lawyers to assist in that process. If someone has a license that has some serious underlying issues – let’s say they have been designated what’s called a Habitual Traffic Offender – then there may actually be a necessity that we go back and deal with some of the older cases, to appeal them or set them aside in order to permit them to get a license at all. So some drivers’ license circumstances can be very straightforward; some can be very complex; some are somewhere in the middle. For the straightforward ones, it’s not always necessary to even have a lawyer. Sometimes you can simply go down to DMV and they’ll tell you, hey, go pay this fine, or just take a very basic step. Which really anyone can do. In other circumstances, it can be very complex, and can absolutely require the assistance of an attorney.

Dale Carson Law is dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals.


The Blackstone Building 233 East Bay Street, Suite 1101 Jacksonville, Florida 32202



(904)355-6738 fax

Business Hours

Available 24/7